Bill No.: HB0076 Drafter: LGC
LSO No.: 09LSO-0407 Effective Date: 7/1/2009
Enrolled Act No.: HEA0054
Chapter No.: 100
Prime Sponsor: Representative Illoway
Catch Title: Election Code-revisions.
Subject: General revisions to the elections code.
· The act provides a process for a candidate to withdraw his name prior to a primary election that is similar to the current process for withdrawing a name from a general election.
· The act removes state generated unique voter identification numbers from the list of information that must be kept confidential.
· The act removes references to justices of the peace from the election code.
· The act provides for registration of persons who will be eighteen years old prior to the next general election, but clarifies that those person may not vote until they attain the age of eighteen.
· The act requires the secretary of state and the supreme court to enter into a data sharing agreement to match voter registration information with other records in order to generate jury lists.
· The act exempts candidates for special district director offices from filing campaign finance reports.