Bill No.: HB0092 Drafter: JWL
LSO No.: 09LSO-0249 Effective Date: 7/1/2009
Enrolled Act No.: HEA0066
Chapter No.: 107
Prime Sponsor: Representative Landon
Catch Title: Long-term care partnership program.
Subject: Implements a Medicaid/private long term care insurance program.
· Current Medicaid law requires that a person liquidate non-exempt property in order to qualify for Medicaid long-term care coverage.
· This act:
· Creates the Wyoming Long-Term Care Partnership Program to encourage the purchase of qualified private long-term care insurance;
· Provides a mechanism for individuals to qualify for coverage of long-term care needs under Medicaid without first being required to substantially exhaust their resources;
· Provides eligibility for long-term care under Medicaid, while disregarding the value of assets equal to benefits received under a private long-term care policy;
· Directs the Department of Health to request a Medicaid state plan amendment by January 1, 2010 to implement the program;
· Provides for coordination and reciprocity with long-term care partnership programs in other states.
· Creates the Wyoming Long-Term Care Partnership Program.